FROM THE FOSSIL FREE MELBOURNE UNIVERSITY (MU) TEAM:
Hello there wonderful Fossil Free-ers!
On the tail end of the warmest winter in Melbourne's history, and the warmest 12 months in Australia since records began, it's time to talk about what we can to do stop our University investing in fossil fuels...
First, the good news!
We had a meeting with the National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU) last Thursday and they were super keen about the campaign! If all goes according to plan, a motion will go through the next branch committee meeting of the UoM NTEU to endorse Fossil Free MU!
Our Open Letter to the University is written and ready! You can have a read of it here. http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=ddd53867577c3724900d5b2a7&id=77fccc7b80&e=d5a5754a47
The Postgraduate Environment Network (PEN) has agreed to sign on to our open letter
Grant Blashki, Nossal Institute for Global Health, The University of Melbourne Chair of Environmental Working Party, World Organisation of Family Doctors and Medical Professor at UoM has signed on to our open letter.
Robyn Eckersley, Professor and Head of Political Science in the School of Social and Political Sciences at the University of Melbourne has also signed!
Our upcoming events to get involved in:
- Tues 10th Sep, 6pm @ RMIT University Building 13, Level 3, Room 9: Double Film Screening of Do the Maths and Mining the Truth
- Thurs 12th Sep, 12-2pm @ Burnley Campus: Fossil Free MU Stall
- Tues 17th Sep, 12-1.30pm @ Physics South- Laby Theatre: Do the Maths Film Screening + Discussion
- Wed 18th Sep @ Parkville Campus: Carbon Carnival: An Event to Raise Awareness about Fossil Free MU. More info to come!
- Thurs 17th Oct, evening @ Physics South- Laby Theatre: 350.org divestment forum. More info to come!
Thanks again for your support!
Fossil Free MU Team